Friday, January 10, 2014

If Our Eyes Were Opened


Just a few weeks ago, my companion got a package from his grandparents.  Inside of it, there was the usual stuff: snacks, little odds and ends, but there was one thing I really took note of.  Along with all of these came a small paper with a quote on it from Elder Jeffery R. Holland, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  It read:

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget that.  When disappointment and discouragement strike - and they will - you must remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection."


I wonder how much would a person's reaction to a situation would change if they understood this statement.  Would not they're outlook on life change?  When I read this sentence, I feel like no challenge is too much, no obstacle too big.  I remember that all along the way, there is someone who walks alongside us who has been down the road before.  Remember, there is never a day when Christ cannot help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment